Monday, August 8, 2011

Sleep Deprivation

Don't you hate it when you wake up feeling "wide awake" and you see that it is only midnight?  That's what happened last night....er....I mean this morning. I went to bed at 10:00 proud of myself for staying up "so late." When Nate came to bed at midnight I woke up and I think I may have fallen into a semi-sleep but about 1 AM I woke up and was awake for hours. I watched the clock change. I switched positions, reallocated sheets and blankets, re-juxtaposed my pillows, turned on the ceiling fan, and then did almost all of those over again and again until about 3:30. At 3:32 I looked at the clock and thought to myself. I have an hour and a half left...dear Lord, please! And at some point I fell asleep. Only to have my alarm clock go off at 5:00 and feel like I could sleep through the day. Oh Lord, Give me strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog! I welcome your comments as we all are on the journey of life together.