Tuesday, August 23, 2011

No Regrets

Isn't it amazing how different you feel after living a day the way you are "supposed to?" Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that I did something wrong or displayed the wrong attitude or said the wrong thing yesterday. I doubt that I've ever gone one day doing everything that I was supposed to do when I was supposed to do it. But yesterday, in the area of food and exercise (my struggle areas right now) I did what I had set out to do. I ate only what was planned and no more. I measured out everything, tracking the Weight Watchers points used. I didn't snack in the afternoon, which had become a bit of a habit since starting to work part time. Nate and I went straight to the gym...no hemming or hawing...no discussion about how we didn't "feel like it." We just went. I actually joined a facebook challenge yesterday put out there by My goal to lose 100lbs in 1 year or less.
The creator of this page, Genny, just bought a treadmill and inspired everyone that follows her journey on facebook to set a goal and join her on the treadmill. I set a modest goal of 15 miles this week. I figured, if I did a 5K for 5 days, I'd equal that no problem. I'm easing my way back into the running game. I've been pretty hard on myself since backing out of the 10K I signed up to run back in June and the destructive self talk has done a number on my confidence.  So, yesterday, we worked out for 45 minutes and I went 3.95 miles in that time. I walked for 5, ran for 15, walked for 5, ran for 15, and then walked for 5 and then also did a 6 minute cool down for an actual total of 51 minutes. It felt great. The whole day felt great. Waking up this morning with no regrets was a GREAT feeling of freedom.


This brings me to my exciting recipe post of the day. Now, I will tell you that although I love this, Nate's not a fan. The texture of this banana ice cream is truly that of soft serve ice cream. You really need to work with the frozen bananas in the food processor....it does take some time to reach the right consistency, but it is totally worth the work. I put some low calorie chocolate syrup and a tablespoon of chopped peanuts on top. It was phenomenal!


Here's hoping that your day is one with no regrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog! I welcome your comments as we all are on the journey of life together.