Thursday, August 18, 2011

Light

Genesis 1:3:  And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.

Genesis 1:14:  And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years,a nd let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth."  And it was so. God made two great lights - the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth, to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good.

Did you notice?  God created light before He created the sun, moon & stars. In fact, God created light on the first day of creation and the sun, moon & stars came to be on day four.

Our pastor mentioned this last night at church and I honestly don't think I had ever made that connection before. I love how His Word is living and active and how I am constantly learning more and more about Him and about myself through it.

Let your light so shine before men that they will see your good works and glorify Your Heavenly Father who is in heaven. Matthew 5:16.

If I am in correct relationship with the Lord and the Holy Spirit is moving and active in me and through me, then there will be no question to others Who is responsible for any good that I do.

This is my prayer. That His light will shine through me in such a way that no one will question Whose I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog! I welcome your comments as we all are on the journey of life together.