Monday, August 15, 2011

Milestones

For those of you that know me, you know that I used to run...I ran two 5K's, signed up for my first 10K and then I hit a wall. I'm not sure what happened, but last Winter, which turned into Spring, which turned into Summer, I could not get myself to run. It felt like my legs were made of lead. In fact, I didn't train enough and had to drop out of the 10K. I'm still not sure what was going on at the time. I was just really struggling During this time I also dropped out of Weight Watchers and have been yo-yoing up and down the scale for the last several months. But yesterday I knew that the "used to" was about to end. I don't know what did it, what caused it, or what changed. But it was almost like the sky had turned from stormy to blue and I just knew that today I was going to run. Nate and I had decided that we would amp up our workouts to 45 minutes in length, so when we got to the gym this afternoon, I headed straight for the treadmill. I hadn't told anyone that I was going to run because I was afraid that if I chickened out, I didn't want to be held accountable. But today the "used to" turned into a "doing." I walked for 5 minutes, ran for 10, walked for another 5, and then ran for another 10, walked for another 5, ran for another 10, and then walked for another 5 as a cool down. I now sit here to write this and I am spent...wiped out..... and it feels glorious. I feel glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog! I welcome your comments as we all are on the journey of life together.