Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Soup

I take the dog out at 5:30 every morning and it felt like I was walking through soup this morning....and I don't mean Gazpacho! I mean some thick creamy soup that would make it difficult to breathe. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it is HOT!!!  Being from North Carolina I honestly never thought I'd say it was hot in Michigan. However, this soup like heat is not like the heat in North Carolina. In North Carolina you have the sun intensity as well and it feels prickly on your skin.  I love that type of heat. It was 106 on the day Nate and I were married and I was perfectly comfortable, loving the way the sun felt on my skin. Right now in Southeastern Michigan, the sun is not shining and it is 96 degrees with a heat index of 106. How in the world could a place be 96 degrees without a shining sun? We took Lucy for her evening walk and she stopped 1/2 way through and laid down. She was spent and I don't blame her. We were dripping! So without sunshine, we are under a heat advisory for our area through Thursday. (Thursday's high is supposed to be 100! oy!) Stay cool, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog! I welcome your comments as we all are on the journey of life together.