Saturday, July 23, 2011

Clumsiness

Have I always been clumsy? I'm not sure. I don't think so...I can't recall multiple times of me dropping things, forgetting things, misjudging things...but I certainly can list off the times I do that now! Yesterday, for example, I was walking upstairs with my glass of water (I have to have water on my bedside table when I go to sleep. It truly is a Murphy's Law type of thing because if it's there, I don't wake up and don't need a drink. If it's not there, I wake up in the middle of the night parched and have to come downstairs to get a drink of water. I've just learned, sleep with a cup of water nearby and I'll sleep fine!). My sandal caught on the top of one of the stairs and the glass tipped as I tripped and water was running down the step. I came downstairs, refilled the water with our great Brita filter system, but when I put the water back into the fridge, I left the spout in the "open" position, so water continued to pour out. I caught it right away and cleaned that up with the towel that I had pulled out to clean up the step, and then went and cleaned up the step with the now already wet towel; only to go into the bedroom, take a sip of the water and proceed to pour it down my front instead. By the time I got to bed the cup was only 1/4 full and I was so frustrated that the only thing I could do at that point is go to bed. Nate shared with me that he had been thinking about it ("it" being my clumsiness) and had decided that if I would be more like him, and do things more deliberately I'd be less clumsy. Uh....yeah..... sure, Honey....I'll start working on that right away...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog! I welcome your comments as we all are on the journey of life together.