Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cars

I like cars that work the way they are supposed to. I don't need anything fancy. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the heated seats, etc. but most of all, I need a vehicle to get me from Point A to Point B without any problem. How difficult is that? Am I asking too much? Today I parked in the parking structure for work and opened the back door to grab my brief case and lunch box. I shut the door only for it to bounce back open. Seems strange, I know. A door shouldn't bounce. So, I tried it again. It must have been "operator error" (as the IT guy at work always says when my computer isn't working properly). Again, it bounced. The door was unlocked, nothing was blocking it. It just wouldn't latch. I didn't quite know what to do..(this is of course, after I had bounced the door open and closed for about 5 minutes). I decided that I had to leave it. It looked shut, so I thought as long as nobody tries to open it (which would be an incredibly easy task) they'll assume it's shut and locked. So, I went to work, hoping that our two bikes would remain safely in the back of the car. And they were, thank God! While at work I was trying to decide what to do. How could I keep the door closed while driving home? There was an old phone cord sitting on my desk Why I keep random stuff sitting on my desk, I don't know. But, there was an old phone cord. So, I took that along with me thinking that I could tie the door closed. And that's what I did. I tied it to the headrest on the back of my seat...thinking I was incredibly clever. But, I now know the angle was wrong. (my dad, the physics teacher, is probably groaning right now) So, as I was leaving the parking garage, basically driving around in a circle, anytime I turned a corner or a curve, the door would start to swing open. So, instead of being so proud of myself for MacGyvering my way home, I drove with one hand while my other arm  was oddly positioned behind me holding on to the door handle for dear life. It was NOT comfortable. However, I guess I should be glad that it was the on the driver's side instead of the passenger!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog! I welcome your comments as we all are on the journey of life together.