Sunday, April 8, 2012

Injury

I've hurt myself....somehow. I can't pinpoint to any specific instance, I didn't trip and fall face first into the cement.  If I had to guess, it probably happened when I mowed the lawn on Thursday. I had the brilliant idea to mow up hill because that would burn more calories and be a better workout. I think I may have hyper-extended my toe region or the ball of my foot. When I got my pedicure on Friday, I thought maybe the foot massage would help, and I was able to walk a little better afterward. In fact, it has gotten some better. I can walk without pain now, but I cannot run. It hurts too much. I went out to run yesterday and got about 5 feet before I realized there was no way I would be running 6 miles. I got to the end of the cul-de-sac and decided that I at least needed to cross the street for appearances sake.  I basically walked around our neighborhood a bit and within 10 minutes was back home. Nate looked at me somewhat skeptically and my training has now become a part of our prayers. I think that's the only way he thinks I'm going to do this. I've got a newsflash for him:  I KNOW that the only way I'm going to be able to train for and run this marathon is with God leading me each and every step. For now, I rest; hoping my foot heals enough that I can run some this week as my 10K race is Saturday.

On the home front, we had an offer on the house which was incredibly low. I think they interpreted "motivated seller" as someone who was willing to give the house away. They interpreted incorrectly. We've had a lot of showings and our realtor believes that the people coming today to look at the house for the 3rd time will make an offer. We'll see!

As we attend a very large church, they ask members/regular attenders to go to an Easter service either on Friday or Saturday so that more visitors may be accommodated on Sunday. So, we went to church Friday night and today we are going to the Tigers game! Goooooooooooooooooooo Tigers!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your foot, I sure hope it's something that heals up quickly!

    Say hello to Prince Fielder at the game for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diana! It was an awesome game! The foot is healing and yesterday's race went better than expected, so I'm happy about that! I hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my blog! I welcome your comments as we all are on the journey of life together.