Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I Hate Moving



Sometimes, doesn't it feel like life is just like this picture? Where you are moving a gazillion miles an hour and can't make sense of which way to go? May I just say that moving stinks? There's no ifs, ands, or buts about it. It stinks to high heaven.  Right now we are in the throes of negotiations on an offer for the house. And we have come to realize that basically we're having to fight tooth and nail to get any sort of net profit out of the deal. It's frustrating and irritating. I just want it to be over. And that's probably one of the hopes of the buyer, that in our desire to sell fast, we'll just give in. However, what makes this more difficult is that there are two of us involved in this decision. One of us (aka: ME) wants to sell immediately - get it over with, who cares about net profit, just get out from under the weight of this albatross. Then there's someone else, who will remain unnamed (coughcoughNatecoughcough) who doesn't want to be taken advantage of and wants to turn down the offer because maybe the next one will be better.....of course my argument is, maybe there ISN'T a next one???!!!! And yet, I understand his point of view as well.

While we negotiate a sale on this end and feel tied down....no, that's not accurate...it's more like, weighted down with cement blocks tied around our ankles and sinking in the bottom of the Huron River.... I also am in major talks with our representatives in New Haven as well. I am exchanging several emails a day with the realtor we've connected with there and I am also in discussions with the moving company and the Yale Moving Office on planning/preparing to move all of our belongings. It is quite difficult to move from one email conversation that consists of, "they want us to give them what with that price??" to "um.... that's way out of our price range..is there anything that is cheaper that isn't a fixer-upper?" to "No I'm sorry, I can't schedule a date for the moving truck because we don't know our moving date yet, or a closing date, or..."

I'm learning a lesson, which I've probably learned before, and which I'll probably be granted more wondrous opportunities to learn in the future, that I don't deal well with uncertainty. I like everything all neatly wrapped up and tied with a bow and presented/dealt with in a timely (aka: IMMEDIATE) manner.

We'll see how it goes!  At this moment we are awaiting the counter -counter offer from the potential buyer. Oy!  I need a drink...no... more like a PITCHER of margaritas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog! I welcome your comments as we all are on the journey of life together.