Monday, January 16, 2012

Where will you be on October 7, 2012?

No, this is not a trick question or another opportunity to talk about the upcoming apocalypse.  I actually, Lord willing, know exactly where I'll be on October 7, 2012 because that is the date of the Chicago Marathon. That's right....you read that correctly.... the word was marathon. No, the word half or quarter or eighth wasn't before it... the plan is to run the whole thing. I hadn't planned on this. My New Year's Resolution was to work up to running a 1/2 marathon by the end of the year. However,at church yesterday, the pastor asked for volunteers to join Team WorldVision. Our church is going to partner with World Vision to bring clean water to the people in Zambia. (Zambia is in Africa, by the way...). And we are going to raise money for this effort by running the Chicago Marathon. The thought (well the positive one I chose to listen to) said, "you can do this." So, here I am researching training plans, learning all about what to eat, not to eat, what shoes to have, what shoes not to have, etc, and so on. And I've started. my run today was easier than it has been all year and I wonder if it's the mental understanding that 3.5 miles should be easy-shpeasy for someone who is planning to run 26.2. So, that's where I'll be. Would you like to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog! I welcome your comments as we all are on the journey of life together.