Friday, January 6, 2012

Perpetual Training - Week One

As I round out the first week of my year of perpetual training I have been pleased with my running progress thus far. Day One was more walking than running. Day Two was a little bit of walking than running; and Day Three was one minute of walking warmup and than the rest running with me increasing the speed throughout. I am sore today, so it's good that I have a day of rest before the Lansing for Haiti race tomorrow. My little distance widget keeps edging up, which I'm pleased with as well.

On other fronts, I've become somewhat addicted to Pintrest. Have you been bitten by that bug yet? It was quite helpful yesterday as I was SO hungry... so I kept looking up motivational sayings and pinning them to my Motivation board. It helped because when I told Nate how tired and hungry I was he asked me what I wanted to do and I said, "Go to the gym."  That was a MAJOR win for me! I so often act on emotion rather than resolve.

In other news, I've been struggling a lot with pain from TMJ. In fact, that's why I was so hungry yesterday because I couldn't eat all of my lunch. I was afraid to open my mouth very wide or chew very much...so baby carrots stayed in their ziploc! I'm not sure what I did to cause it to be such a pain (literally and figuratively) right now, but I do have an appointment on Tuesday to be fitted for a bite splint.


So that's week one of 2012...Not too bad of a start, if I do say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog! I welcome your comments as we all are on the journey of life together.