Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Schedules Schmedules

It is a good thing I've committed to tracking what I'm eating this week because I have yet to set foot in the gym or hit the pavement for a run. I have had other things going on every day this week and haven't had the opportunity to go. So, I've been tracking everything because the threat of gaining that one tiny pound I've lost looms in front of me. Today I decided to weigh in at midweek just to see how I'm doing and I was glad to see that I was down .4.  With the evening classes and meetings this week, I've been tempted to "just grab something" on the way but I had planned for just such a temptation and made extras of every meal this past weekend so that we would basically be eating left overs during the week. Today it will be a long day: 12.5 hours at work. I know that work has planned to provide dinner, but I also know that it will be basically one large serving of starch and fat. So, I brought my own: a kale salad with walnuts and goat cheese along with a couple slices of Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grains Bread. One eye opener from this past weekend was the number of Weight Watcher points in a piece of a blizzard cake from DQ.  17 points...that's right...I'm allowed 26 in a day...and I had 17 points in one very brief sitting. So, with that knowledge, I'm even being more careful throughout this week. The next hurdle will be Valentine's Day and our trip to visit Nate's family next weekend. There will always be hurdles, and scheduling conflicts. What I need to do is jump over them, run through them, and keep moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog! I welcome your comments as we all are on the journey of life together.