Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Oversharing

I tend to overshare. I've decided that it's my parents fault as we had weekly family meetings to discuss who knows what and I had a mother that when she was overemotional would explain her cycle to us. I would die or pray for death when these conversations were taking place when I was a child, but now I see myself doing it as well. However, when you are on the opposite end of an overshare it can be a bit odd. I had that experience yesterday.
I forgot to change my phone from vibrate to ring and forgot to plug it in to charge Sunday night. I took the charger to work Monday morning thinking I'd plug it in and literally was so busy I never had time to even plug the darn thing in.  I don't know about you, but when the plug is right next to where you are working and you literally do not have time to plug it in, that definitely means you are having a busy day. By the time I left work the phone was deader than a door nob. So, I plugged it in when I got home. When I was finally able to turn it on again I saw that I had three missed calls and two messages from Sunday evening. I listened to the most recent one first:
"Jenna, this is Nicole from New Wave. Our driver can't find your house and you need to answer your phone."

I listened to it twice because I really wasn't sure what I was hearing, but sure enough, she said "New Wave." I've never heard of New Wave, but I was afraid that it was some company that was trying to deliver Christmas gifts.

Then I listened to the first message:
"This is Daryl. I'm the New Wave driver and I don't know where you live."
I looked at the timestamp of when these calls were made and they were made on Sunday night around 8:45 pm. It seemed like a very strange time to deliver Christmas gifts, but I thought I'd make sure.

"New Wave Chicken and Fish" the man said when he answered the phone. I explained that I had two messages from this number from the night before and he said, when were the calls made? I explained they were made around 8:45-9:00 pm. He said, "oh, well that explains it. The girl we have answering our phones is cross-eyed and gets numbers switched around at times."
uh...excuse me?
"Yeah...oh don't get me wrong. She's real pretty...she just has crossed eyes."
ok. Thanks for clarifying.

Very odd conversation, I must say.


On a side note, I begin full time today. Hopefully my mind will continue to work after 1 pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog! I welcome your comments as we all are on the journey of life together.