Saturday, September 10, 2011

New Finds

I found a new facebook page/blog that I am enjoying. It's called Deliciously Organic and has some neat recipes and discussion about eating "real" food. On the blog, there was a review and then discussion of a new book, Wheat Belly (the link will take you to the author's blog).

It discusses how modern wheat, no matter if it is refined to white flour or if it is left in it's whole grain state, is not good for us as it has been modified since ancient times. I was so fascinated by this that, to my husband's horror, I bought the book for my kindle. It's almost laughable that I would consider removing wheat from our diet. As the book was being delivered to my Kindle, there was french bread rising in the kitchen. To be honest, when I talked about the book with Nate, he bravely said, "I would be fine with not eating bread anymore." (I do believe that his bravery comes from repeated lessons of "this won't last long enough for me to even miss it!") So, now that my belly is full on french bread pizza made from the homemade french bread, I will open this book and hope that what I learn will cause instant weight loss and healthier lives without much change to our current lifestyle....sure..... right....like that would be even plausible!

2 comments:

  1. ooh, I am really tempted to read that book now! I don't eat a lot of bread, but when I do, it's because of the convenience. And I love convenience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Diana,
    It's an amazing book. I hadn't realized how convenient bread, pasta, etc was until I started trying to plan meals without it! I think you'd really enjoy the book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my blog! I welcome your comments as we all are on the journey of life together.